Hannah McNeill in Sierra Leone
Many of you have been so fervently praying with and for me as I pursue serving the Lord full time in Sierra Leone, West Africa. I cannot tell you how thankful I am for those prayers and support. It has been incredibly faith-building for me as I’ve heard from so many of you about ways that God is using this experience to encourage you in your walks with Him. I’m leaving for two months (May 29 – July 31) and would love your continued prayer while I’m in West Africa. During that time, I’ll be serving in several ways, a few being: building relationships with the kids in the ministry, helping serve the community, adapting to and learning about the culture, and serving on two mission teams. Below is a list of ways you can be praying for me over the next two months.
1. Good health - Whether Malaria, Typhoid, or a host of other diseases... sickness is very prevalent in Sierra Leone. I am a firm believer that God is a sovereign God and I'm confident that He will protect me as I further His kingdom in Sierra Leone. Please pray that the Lord would keep me in good health whether it’s something as big as Malaria or as small as a headache. May I consistently be at 100% so that I can be present during the two months.
2. Safe travel - As I travel to Sierra Leone but also when I travel home, pray with me for protection on the planes and in the airports. While traveling, I will likely encounter people that don't know the Lord, so pray also for fruitful conversations with those around me.
3. Unity - I will be serving with mission teams for a couple of weeks of the two months that I’m there. Pray for a unity among the teams that honors God. Pray that our words and actions, as a team, would be glorifying to Him. Also, pray that our bond as a team is strengthened through vulnerability with each other, encouragement toward one another, and Christlike example.
4. Spiritual Warfare - "So He saved them from the hand of the one who hated them and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy." (Psalm 106:10) Pray that God would surround us with His angels and that in every moment we would feel that. Pray that Satan would have no hold on us in any way and that each of us would be a strong beacon of light that is an example of Christ's love to everyone we meet.
5. Emotional strain - While in a different culture, I will definitely see some hard things that I don't typically experience. Pray for me, that I would be quick to pray as I process those emotions.
6. Gospel goes out - Pray that before my feet even touch the ground in Sierra Leone, the Lord will begin a great work in the hearts of every child, mother, father, and grandparent I meet. May God in His goodness, save each individual who learns about His love for them. It's not about the numbers. But it is about the people. Pray that God would bring the people of Sierra Leone into His Kingdom, that they would know Him as they are fully known by Him.
7. Rooted in Scripture – Please pray this scripture over me for the two months. I will be praying this as well. “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.” (Romans 12:9-13)
If you'd like to support Hannah financially, please click here for instructions on how to do so through 25 Project.